UPSC Online Form: UPSC will make the UPSC IAS 2023 Application Form available online at upsc.gov.in. Check all details about UPSC Application Form 2023, Last date, Application Fee in this article.
UPSC Online Form
UPSC Application Form 2023 will be filled out only online; there are no offline provisions to fill out the application form. In 2023, the number of vacancies to be filled through the UPSC Examination 2023 is expected to be approximately 1105 vacancies.
Aspirants who cherish the dream of IAS, IPS, or IFS need to appear in the UPSC Civil Services Examination. Only those aspirants who register and apply in the prescribed UPSC online form will be allowed to sit in the exam.
The first step is Registration. Registration is the process by which an account is created on the UPSC website. Once registered, aspirants need to apply online and pay the exam fees.
UPSC Online Registration Process
While Civil Services Examination (CSE) is still conducted the ‘paper and pen’ way, registration and payment of fees for the exams are online.
There are two main websites for UPSC:
- upsc.gov.in – where UPSC publishes important notifications regarding various exams.
- upsconline.nic.in – where UPSC invites applications for various exams.
Aspirants should note that all applications to UPSC Civil Services Examination should be filed only on the website upsconline.nic.in.
The official UPSC website – upsconline.nic.in – hosts UPSC exam online forms, admit cards, and related information.
Important Dates for UPSC Online Form
The notification for UPSC Civil Services Examination for 2023 will be published on February 01, 2023. You can apply for UPSC CSE 2023 between February 01, 2023, and February 21, 2023.
- UPSC CSE 2023 Prelims Date: May 28 2023
- UPSC CSE 2023 Mains Date: September 15 2023
- UPSC CSE 2023 Interview Date: January-March 2024
- UPSC CSE 2023 Final Result Date: April 2024
How can I apply for UPSC Exam Online?
You need to apply for each exam conducted by UPSC separately. There are separate application forms for UPSC Civil Services Exam Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
There is nothing too complicated about the application process. The UPSC CSE 2023 notification will explain the IAS application process in detail. To get an idea, we are explaining the steps below:
The UPSC Civil Services Examination Application Form has two parts – Part I and Part II.
Steps to fill the Part I – UPSC CSE 2023 application form.
- Visit the official website of UPSC – upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the Exam Notifications tab.
- Click on Apply Online link.
- Click on the link available for Civil Services Part-I registration.
- Read the application form instructions carefully and click on Yes.
- Fill in all basic information in the part-I application form such as Name Date of birth, Category, Gender, Email ID, Contact number, Permanent address, Marital status, Parents’ names, Community, Educational qualification etc.
- Once all the details are filled in, click on Continue. Check all details in the online form carefully and click on Submit.
Steps to fill Part II -UPSC CSE 2023 application form
- Pay the UPSC application fee online (through SBI Net Banking/ debit card/ credit card) or offline (by cash through SBI bank challan) mode. (Fee – Female/ SC/ ST/ PwBD – Nil; all other candidates – Rs 100)
- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature and photo ID card as per the UPSC specifications.
- Enter the information related to fee payment details and the examination centre.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button after reading the declaration.
- On clicking the button, a page with a registration number will be generated. Note down the registration number. Take a printout of the page.
How to apply online for UPSC Mains 2023?
Only candidates who qualify for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2023 can apply for UPSC Mains 2023.
The qualified candidates need to submit the Detailed Application Form I (DAF-I) online on upsconline.nic.in.
How to apply online for UPSC Interview 2023-24?
Only candidates who qualify for UPSC Civil Services Main Examination 2023 can apply for UPSC Interview 2023.
The qualified candidates need to submit the Detailed Application Form II (DAF-II) online on upsconline.nic.in.
How to pay the UPSC Exam application fee?
For Prelims and Mains, UPSC collects a small fee from candidates. Candidates can pay the UPSC Exam application fee in online or offline mode.
Online mode: Candidates can make online payment of the application fee via Visa/ Master/ RuPay credit/ debit card or internet banking of SBI.
Offline mode: Candidates can make offline payments of application fees by paying cash at any branch of SBI. Applicants who opt for the ‘Pay by Cash’ mode should print the system-generated pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of the SBI Branch on the next working day only. Candidates must note that the ‘Pay by Cash’ mode will be deactivated one day before the application process closes. However, candidates who have generated their pay-in-slip before the process is deactivated can make the payment at any SBI branch during banking hours on the closing date.
- Preliminary Exam Fee: Rs. 100 for General/OBC Male Candidates
- Mains Exam Fee: Rs. 200 for General/OBC Male Candidates
- Note: Females/ SC/ ST/ Persons with Benchmark Disability are exempted from the payment of fees.
UPSC Helpdesk numbers
In case of any guidance/ information/ clarification regarding applications, candidature etc candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate C of its campus in person or over telephone number 011-23385271/ 011-23381125/ 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
How to withdraw the UPSC CSE application?
The candidates can withdraw their UPSC application by doing the following steps:
- Visit the official website – upsc.gov.in
- Click on the ‘What’s new’ section
- Go to the Withdrawal of Application: Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023
- On the new screen, click on the link given for the withdrawal
- Con the Application withdrawal link given at the right corner
- Read the instructions and click on the Yes button
- Enter your registration-id and press continue
- Enter the following details: (1) Name (2) Gender (3) Date of Birth (4) Father’s Name (5) Mother’s Name (6) Mobile Number (7) e-mail id
- Select the option for the withdrawal of the application and press agree.
In the above manner, the candidates can withdraw their UPSC CSE 2023 application.
How to download UPSC e-admit Card Online?
Instead of hall tickets (paper), UPSC now issues e-admit cards. Once applied, aspirants can download an e-admit card 1 month before the exam. Aspirants then need to take a printout of the same and bring it to the exam hall.
Number of candidates who apply for the UPSC Civil Services Exam
Prelims – About 10,00,00 (10 lakh) candidates apply every year. However, only around 5 lakh candidates appear on the exam day.
Mains – About 10500 candidates who qualify for the UPSC preliminary exam apply for UPSC Main exam.
Interview – About 2200 candidates who qualify for the UPSC Main exam apply for UPSC Interview
Exams conducted by UPSC
UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Services Examination (CSE), Engineering Services Examination (ESE), Indian Forestry Services Examination (IFoS), Central Armed Police Forces Examination (CAPF), Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS).
Among the exams, Civil Services Examination is widely considered the most prestigious test.
UPSC Exam notification will be published on the website upsc.gov.in.
This will also be released as a Gazette notification.
UPSC Syllabus for IAS Exam
UPSC syllabus for Civil Services Examination will be published in detail on the exam notification.
UPSC Civil Services Examination syllabus can also be accessed from the ClearIAS website or App (directly from the Menu section).
UPSC Exam Results
The result of the UPSC CSE Prelims 2023 exam will be declared by mid-November 2023 (tentative).
Mains 2023 results can be expected around February 2023 (tentative).
Final results of UPSC CSE 2023 can be expected around May 2023 (tentative).
Check the UPSC Results page for ClearIAS for the latest exam results.
UPSC Online Marksheets
Marks of all candidates who appeared in the Civil Services Examination will be declared on the UPSC Online Website.
Marks, cut-off marks, and answer keys of UPSC CSE 2023 will be uploaded on the UPSC Online website only after the entire process of the Civil Services Examination, 2023 is over i.e. after the declaration of the final result.